"How do you avoid fast fashion when it's a last minute emergency? Like if you need a specific piece for an event, how do I avoid fast fashion?"
For the future - Plan ahead. Usually, you know of a scheduled event. But you have options:
- Call or DM second-hand shops like Le Prix to ask if they have what you're looking for (it saves you time)
- Look on their e-commerce websites ... of course, I am going to say check out Le Prix's new arrivals
- Re-work what you have with new-to-you accessories like a bag, belt, necklace, earrings, a bold lipstick, new hairstyle, shoes. Often clients bring in dresses they want Le Prix to style for events and parties
- Borrow something from a friend
- Hire a fashion stylist (like me) to solve the problem for you
- Shop other sustainable brands if you feel like you need something new
- Follow sustainable brands on social media so you have resources in your feed when you need them. I love Sutton & Grove
- Have a clothing swap (Le Prix can be hired to facilitate and host while giving style tips)
- Depending on the level of formality and budget there are companies like Rent frock Repeat you can rent from
Any other ideas? I'd love to hear them in the comments.